Featured Not resolved
1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

This app has good channel selection but what's the point if it buffers every 5 minutes. I have the fastest internet but when contacting the customer service chat they blame the internet connection.

I've tried Sling and PSVue and never had an issue streaming. ATT&T Direct TV Now has a problem with their app. When the app works like it's supposed to then its good, but once again its very frustrating when you're watching your favorite program or live sports and you constantly get the spinning wheel, the screen goes black! The only way to contact anyone is by chat, and they say the same thing everytime..."remove app and reinstall" and "I promise you won't have this issue again" LIES LIES LIES.

They did give me a 10 dollar credit but I'd rather just have the services I paid for to work as they should. Should change name to Directv NEVER

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1412090

I contacted ATT - via chat - and complained about the buffering problem on Direct TV Now. We pay for internet service through ATT only.

I mentioned during the first 4 chat reps that our router probably needed to be upgraded. It wasn't until the 5th chat rep (the Direct TV Now expert) who agreed to ship out the new box. It has made the viewing faster when switching channels, but we are still experiencing some buffering with DTVN.

Not as bad as before when it would buffer so much that the message would pop up saying 'we had lost connection but they were working on it'. We'll just continue with what we have with the anticipation that DTVN works out the bugs completely.