I went in to upgrade my iPhone at the AT & T store in Exton, Pennsylvania. The associate upgraded my phone and while I was doing this, he mentioned Direct TV Now.

I told him I already had Verizon Fios and that my husband was happy with that service and that I was NOT interested. Yesterday, I noticed a recurring withdrawal from Direct TV Now from my checking account for $53.00. I was charged last month as well. I tried calling AT&T and they said they couldn't help me to deactivate the account.

They forwarded me to Direct TV who claimed they could not help me to deactivate the account. I called AT&T again and asked for a manager to help me to log on to Direct TV Now's website. Apparently, the only way to cancel this service is through a "chat" on their website. The AT&T manager put me on hold and my call was dropped.

I've tried logging on to DirectTV now through every browser possible, tried changing my password, etc. and I can't log on. I was basically signed up for a recurring $53 monthly payment without my permission. This is a total breach of my personal information and I am completely frustrated at the fact that no one can or will help me.

I am going to look into canceling my AT&T service due to this experience.

It is unbelievable that AT&T, Direct TV and Direct TV Now are all the same company yet no one can help me to cancel an account I didn't set up in the first place. My next step is to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Review about: Directv Now Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments